Stories for our Newsletter?[rediger kilde]
Hello all Library coordinators!
(Apologies for the English)
Once again, the time has come to collect Wikipedia Library stories in our newsletter, Books & Bytes. We would love to hear from Library branches about how things are going on their projects. Successes, difficulties, new programs, partnerships, and ideas are all very welcome. Please submit your stories (either to the talk page of the newsletter, or to the email thread on the topic) no later than next Wednesday, February 10th!
A reminder that Meta has some great resources for coordinators - make sure to update your Global Branch page with what you are doing!
We hope that 2016 is starting to be a good year for your branch. Remember, everyone is free to use the Wikipedia Library mailing list for anything Library-related - sharing news stories, advice, or just saying hi!
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (March 2016)[rediger kilde]
Apologies for writing in English. Hjelp til med å oversette til ditt språk
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access accounts to published research as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for access to research materials from:
- Cambridge University Press - a major publisher of academic journals and e-books in a variety of subject areas. Access includes both Cambridge Journals Online and Cambridge Books. 25 accounts.
- Alexander Street Academic Video Online - a large academic video collection good for a wide range of subjects, including news programs (such as PBS and BBC), music and theatre, lectures and demonstrations, and documentaries. 25 accounts.
- Baylor University Press - a publisher of academic e-books primarily in religious studies and the humanities. 50 accounts.
- Future Science Group - a publisher of medical, biotechnological and scientific research. 30 accounts.
- Annual Reviews - a publisher of review articles in the biomedical sciences. 100 accounts.
- Miramar Ship Index - an index to ships and their histories since the early 19th century. 30 accounts.
- Noormags - Farsi-language aggregator of academic and professional journals and magazines. 30 accounts.
- Kotobna - Arabic-language ebook publishing platform. 20 accounts.
- Gale - aggregator of newspapers, magazines and journals. 50 accounts.
- Elsevier ScienceDirect - an academic publishing company that publishes medical and scientific literature. 100 accounts.
Many other partnerships with accounts available are listed on our partners page, including Project MUSE, De Gruyter, EBSCO, Newspapers.com and British Newspaper Archive. Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 17. mar. 2016 kl. 21:30 (CET)
New Wikipedia Library accounts available now (August 2016)[rediger kilde]
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access, accounts to published research as part of our publisher donation program. You can now sign up for new accounts and research materials from:
- Nomos – Primarily German-language publisher of law and social sciences books and journals - 25 accounts
- World Scientific – Scientific, technical, and medical journals - 50 accounts
- Edinburgh University Press – Humanities and social sciences journals - 25 accounts
- American Psychological Association – Psychology books and journals - 10 accounts
- Emerald – Journals on a range of topics including business, education, health care, and engineering - 10 accounts
Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 30. aug. 2016 kl. 20:38 (CEST)
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (November 2016)[rediger kilde]
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access, accounts to published research as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for new accounts and research materials from:
- Foreign Affairs - Journal of international relations and U.S. foreign policy
- OpenEdition - Journals in the social sciences and humanities
- Édition Diffusion Presse Sciences - French and English language scientific journals
- ASHA - Speech–language–hearing journals
- Tilastopaja - Athletics statistics
- EBSCO - Many new databases added
- Taylor & Francis - Strategic, Defence & Security Studies collection
Hello Wikimedians! After much contemplation and planning, The Wikipedia Library has decided to move forward its longtime desire of bringing together Wikipedians and librarians by creating a user group. The user group is yet to be recognized by the Affiliations Committee, but you are welcome to sign up as a member by adding your name in the user group meta page. Once you do that, please join the discussion in deciding the user group name, logo, and organizers. You can even volunteer to lead the group! And of course please don't forget to invite your friends! The user group intends to,
- provide guidance for Wikimedians engaging with libraries, and libraries engaging with Wikimedia,
- provide a venue for the exchange of ideas around collaborations and opportunities for Wikimedia and libraries,
- work with libraries and library information schools promoting the use of Wikipedia in their curriculum, and
- reach out to libraries that could potentially engage with Wikimedia.