Jane Dee Hull
|Jane Dee Hull|
|Født||Jane Dee Bowersock
8. august 1935 (81 år)
Kansas City, Missouri
|Utdannet ved||University of Kansas, Arizona State University|
|Parti||Det republikanske parti|
|20. guvernør av Arizona|
|5. september 1997–6. januar 2003|
|16. Secretary of State av Arizona|
|January 2, 1995–September 5, 1997|
|Speaker av Arizona House of Representatives|
|Medlem av Arizona House of Representatives for 18. distrikt|
|Speaker pro tempore, Arizona House of Representatives|
Jane Dee Hull (født Jane Dee Bowersock 8. august 1935 i Kansas City i Missouri) var den andre kvinne som tjenestegjorde som Guvernør av Arizona, den første kvinnelige republikanske guvernør av delstaten og den første kvinnen som har blitt valgt til posten.
Referanser[rediger | rediger kilde]
- ^ KAET-TV (23. september 2007). «Former Governor Jane Dee Hull – Twenty-Five Years in Arizona Government». 2006 Goldwater Lecture Series (Phoenix, Arizona: Arizona State University). Besøkt 20. april 2009.
- ^ Purdum, Todd S. (5. september 1997). «Once Again in Arizona, Secretary of State Is Suddenly Thrust Into the Job of Governor». New York Times. Besøkt 20. april 2009.
- ^ «Governor's Information – Arizona Governor Jane Dee Hull». National Governors Association. Besøkt 20. april 2009.
- ^ «GOVERNOR Jane Dee Hull». Arizona Blue Book – Chapter 3. Secretary of State of Arizona. Arkivert fra originalen 2. desember 2003. Besøkt 20. april 2009. «Jane Dee Hull was born August 8, 1935, in Kansas City, Missouri. She received her Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education from the University of Kansas in 1957 and has taken postgraduate courses in political science and economics at Arizona State University. She is also a graduate of the Josephson Ethics Institute. She taught in the Chinle, Arizona, schools from 1962–1964. Mrs. Hull was elected to the Arizona House of Representatives in 1978, taking office in January 1979. She represented District 18 until resigning her position in 1993 to run for Secretary of State. During her tenure in the House of Representatives, she served as Chairman of the Government Operations Committee and in 1988 was elected Majority Whip. She served two terms as the Speaker of the House (1989–1992), the first woman to do so. Her final year in the Legislature, Mrs. Hull served as Speaker Pro Tem and as Chairman of the Economic Development Committee and the Ethics Committee. The National Republican Legislators Association named Mrs. Hull National Legislator of the Year in 1989. Mrs. Hull was elected Arizona's 16th Secretary of State in 1994 and took office in January 1995, the first Republican to be elected to the office since 1931. She became Arizona's 20th governor September 5, 1997, upon the resignation of J. Fife Symington. She serves on the boards of numerous community, service, and political organizations. She and her husband Terry, a semi-retired obstetrician, have four children and eight grandchildren. Governor Hull took office in 1997 with a pledge to provide stability, integrity, and trusted leadership to the people of Arizona. Throughout her distinguished and ground-breaking career in public service, she has done just that. As governor, she has made education, children, preserving Arizona's natural beauty, and the economy her top priorities. In her first years in office, she has delivered on every one of these issues, with record investments in our schools, a program to provide health insurance to the children of the working poor, her Growing Smarter plan to address growth across the state, and targeted tax cuts to continue Arizona's record growth. Governor Hull will continue to provide responsible leadership that is working to lead Arizona proudly into the next century.»
Eksterne lenker[rediger | rediger kilde]
- Biography of Jane Dee Hull from the United States Mission to the United Nations
- Governor Jane Dee Hull (Jeff Scott's biography)
- Alt-Fuels Fiasco (Synopsis by Arizona Republic)
- Hull, Jane Dee (2004). «Governor Jane Dee Hull». I Michael S. Josephson og Wes Hanson. The Power of Character. Unlimited Publishing LLC,. s. 242–249. ISBN 978-1-58832-106-0. Besøkt 20. april 2009.
|Arizona Secretary of State
2. januar 1995 – 5. september 1997
|Guvernør av Arizona
5. september 1997 – 6. januar 2003